So, here we are in a new year. 2017. It’s that time where we all start out our resolutions with grand enthusiasm. Some of us are able to keep it up, while the rest lose the stamina or motivation. The point is the idea is there, the want to be better at something, or start something new. When I think about how or why we give up, it reminds of any day of my life. It doesn’t need to be a new year for me to know what I want, but the thought of a timed goal helps, so I am not against that either.
For me, it all comes down to this: If we want it, we must work for it.
I didn’t exactly come up with this saying, but I’d like to believe that I can learn from it.
I haven’t posted in quite sometime. Lack of motivation plus certain life circumstances kept me away. There are other factors as well, but for now I’d like to keep that to myself.
Here’s what the rest of 2016 looked for me:
- I turned 32.
- I became a redhead….again. I don’t know how much longer I plan to stay this way.
- The summer lasted longer than anticipated, and I loved it.
- I went to my first CHICON (Supernatural Convention in Chicago)
- I went to EYECON (One Tree Hill convention) and was part of a mannequin challenge. Never thought that would actually be a thing in my life.
- I SAW HAMILTON IN CHICAGO AND I WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.
- After 3+ years at SalonCentric, I left and took a management position at Ulta Beauty. It has been a huge challenge so far, but I am learning and hopefully getting better at my job. I want to be great and worthy of my title there. Also, I am surrounded by makeup, so how could I not be happy in some sense? (LOL)
Do I have a list of resolutions for this year? No. I just want to be back.
Cheers to 2017. May this year treat us all well.